I often get questions about the 7 chakras. What are these chakras? We don't exist only in our physical bodies, we also exist in our subtle energy bodies, in our auric field. Chakras are complex fundamental systems of reception and emission of energies from the macrocosmos. These systems are known as chakras, which means centers of force and have the role of resonators - when awakened, balanced and controlled - with an infinity of energies.
Here is a brief presentation of their essential characteristics and their location in our subtle body:
- Root chakra or Muladhara chakra - The base chakra is located at the base of the spine, between the anus and sex in our energy field, and is the location of the fundamental energy of the Kundalini. Attributes connected to this chakra: the source of life energy, vitality, regeneration. It is connected to the color red and the attitude of fight or flight.
- Sacral chakra or Swadhistana chakra - The second chakra is located above the sex area, in the subtle plane. Attributes connected to this chakra: sexual energy, creativity, creative thinking, sensuality, social mimicry. It is connected with the color orange, a beautiful bright orange that is used as a spiritual color in certain spiritual traditions. The first two chakras can be blocked in case of physical and sexual abuse.
- Solar Plexus or Manipura chakra - the third chakra is located below the navel area, in the subtle plane. Attributes connected to this chakra: courage, expansion, willpower, dynamism, personal power. This chakra's color is yellow. The first 3 chakras create an essential energy triangle.
- Heart chakra or the Anahata chakra - This is the center of love, the center of reception and emission of the energy of universal love. The harmonious functioning of this chakra makes us feel open-hearted but also makes us know our boundaries. The heart chakra is located energetically in the area of the cardiac plexus, the central area of the chest. Attributes connected to the heart chakra are affectivity, compassion, empathy, harmony, altruism, love. The heart chakra's color is a beautiful bright green.
- Throat chakra or Vishuddha chakra - This chakra is located in the neck area, in the subtle plane. Attributes connected to this chakra: refinement, intuition, inspiration, communication, elevation, sublime feelings, aesthetic revelations, purity. Beautiful blue shades are connected to this chakra. I use blue stones to clear and energize my throat chakra.
- The Third Eye or Ajna chakra - The Third Eye is located in between your eyebrows and up in the central area of the forehead, in the subtle plane. Attributes connected to this chakra: geniality, extraordinary mental power, clairvoyance, telepathy, an excellent memory, intelligence. The Third Eye's color is indigo.
- Crown chakra or Sahasrara - This chakra is located at the top of the head, in a subtle plane, and has the highest vibration. Attributes connected to this center when it awakens are: connection with God, spiritual detachment, connection with the eternal Truth, pure spirituality, wisdom, connection with spirit guides, and angels. The color of this center is bright white.
How often should I clear my chakras?
This is another question I often get. Our chakras are opened by the grace of the Holy Spirit when we are ready. Awakening the chakras is a gradual process and it needs permanent, focused spiritual practice.
An authentic guru, a spiritual teacher, can awaken their disciple's chakras in a moment by their spiritual force - Shaktipat - but only when those disciples are prepared for that.
Getting ready for such a profound spiritual event, my dear is your work to do. When Kundalini is rising and awakening, all 7 chakras is a profound spiritual event and that is always the result of a profound spiritual transformation.