Posted on 31st October, 2021
It's really up to us how we start our mornings, after many snoozes or jumping out of bed looking forward to what the new day brings.
In this blog post, we'll talk about how to create a morning routine that supports you in body, mind, and spirit. It's easier to start your day with enthusiasm when you have a morning ritual that makes you smile and brings positive thoughts to mind.
My dear, it's only up to you to decide what works the best for you, but it's essential to take at least 30 minutes each morning. It really makes a difference. There is satisfaction in getting a head start on a healthy day.
Imagine yourself at your very best self. Create and establish habits that will make this possible. You create habits and habits create your life experience! The same is true for bad habits, by the way. Your morning routine doesn't have to be elaborate. Setting aside time for things you enjoy can help make mornings something to expect.
1. Enjoying the morning sun and taking some fresh air - Fresh air and sunlight are major wellbeing boosters. Facing the morning sun first thing in the morning simply makes me happier, and the fresh air revitalizes the entire body, soothes the nervous system, raises energy level, and brings a sense of serenity.
2. Walk in nature - I believe that we should spend more time in nature, just going for a walk more often while admiring nature's beauty. Even a short walk can make us feel alive and joyful. Is there anything more inspiring than a beautiful sunrise? You can also bike to work or get off the train or bus one stop earlier and take a short walk to your workplace.
3. Breath deeply - If you can't go out for a walk, open the window to let in the fresh air and then breathe deeply. It will amaze you how much you'll benefit from this simple practice. Conscious breathing has many benefits for our emotional and mental wellbeing. Breathe slowly and deeply, be present, enjoy the fresh air as long as you feel comfortable.
4. Devotional time - Starting your morning with a prayer or meditation will help you clarify and focus your mind, balance emotions, awaken self-love, and set a mindful intention for the day. Daily meditation has positive effects on the body, mind, and spirit. I have been meditating since 1988, and I experienced one of my most profound and authentic meditations shortly after I learned to meditate.
5. Stretch or yoga - An important part of the morning is stretching to get rid of the morning stiffness and enhance the energy flow. You can do that with a few simple moves or yoga poses. Practicing yoga first thing in the morning enhances the energy and provides a better focus throughout the day.
6. Dance, exercise - Exercise in the morning is not benefiting only the physical body, it also improves decision-making, memory, focus, and attention. Playing your favorite songs and dancing is a huge well-being booster. It will make you feel fit, joyful, and alive.
7. Healthy, positive thoughts - Create a habit of starting your morning by reading or listening to positive quotes. It will inspire you and help you attract good things and positive energies throughout your day.
8. Journaling - I love morning journaling; it helps to clear my thoughts and start the day with a positive attitude. Use positive affirmations to set intentions for your day. Write down everything that you want to achieve throughout the day. It will help you focus on your priorities.
My dear, if you don't know how to start transforming your mornings into a blissful time by adopting habits that serve your highest good, let me help. What's your favorite morning routine?