I'm always interested in learning new things, such as perfume ingredients, history, and raw materials that make modern perfumes and perfumery.
The history of perfume begins as far back as Mesopotamia. The first perfumer/chemist recorded in the world was named Tapputi, a woman from ancient Babylon in Mesopotamia.
The record of her still exists on a 1200 BCE Cuneiform tablet.
Where Did Perfume-Making Art Come From?
The earliest recorded perfume discoveries came from thousands of years ago, as early as the Egyptians (3000 BC to 1000 BC). Perfumery began in Ancient China and Egypt and was further perfected by the Romans and the Arabs.
It is essential to know that Egyptians utilized scents to improve their lives and deaths as well, by using oil-based perfumes as a celebration of rituals and prayers. This way, burned oils served different functions, such as:
- divine protection
- convey prayers
- love attraction
- purifying dead
- embalming ceremonies
Oil mixtures of perfume were used as a status symbol and were often buried in the tombs of Pharaoh's mummies.
Making Your Own Love Potion
Have you kissed a few toads and are now looking for your handsome prince? It's time to make your own love potion. A scent that reflects your personal essence while drawing into your life the essence of the perfect partner:
- Find the perfect bottle. I love to investigate antique and thrift stores for the perfect bottle. You can also purchase bottles at the same place you buy your essential oils.
- Make a list of 5 qualities you must have in a partner (intellectual, creative, athletic, humorous, etc).
- Make a list of how you feel with this person (respected, sexy, cherished, safe).
- Take time to tune in to the being of this partner and how you feel with them. Some of you will already know your partner, while others will be manifesting an ideal partner.
Many health food markets have samples. You can also do this at home if you have several aromas to choose from. Your potion will need 3 "notes"; the fragrance is made up of three scent variants:
- 30% top notes (the ones you smell first) - basil, lavender, grapefruit, lemon, sweet orange, mint, rosemary, and lime.
- 50% middle notes (the core of the fragrance) - black pepper, bay, cardamom, fennel, geranium, nutmeg, and chamomile.
- 20% base notes (which extend the longevity of the middle notes) - cypress, ginger, vanilla, sandalwood, and pine. Read about the top 10 most fragrant flowers in India.
The resulting scents and effects are deeply connected to the flowers you use:
- Fresh - grapefruit, ginger
- Sensuous - sweet orange, sandalwood
- Romantic - rose, lime, lavender
- Relaxing - lavender, musk, neroli, cedarwood
- Sweet - lavender, chamomile, cardamom, geranium
- Refreshing - orange, lemon, lemongrass, lime
- Bright - peppermint, rosemary, lemon, sage
- Rich - lavender, clove, nutmeg
- Wild & Woody - juniper, cedarwood, bergamot
Recipe to Create the Perfect Perfume
- 2 tbsp carrier oil - sweet almond, coconut, or jojoba
- 6 tbsp 100-proof alcohol
- 2.5 tbsp bottled water
- 30 drops essential oils - nine drops top notes, 15 drops middle notes, and six drops base notes
- A coffee filter
- Small funnel
- Two clean dark-glass bottles with airtight lids
- Pour the carrier oil into your preferred bottle and add base, middle, and top notes. Fill alcohol.
- Secure the lid, and let it sit for 48 hours.
- Once you're satisfied, add the bottled water.
- Transfer the perfume to another bottle using a coffee filter.
- Hold your new love potion between your hands and fill it with prayer. Liquids are very programmable. Remember, however, that your prayer will ideally be something such as "I now attract my soul mate" rather than a specific person, or you may be cutting yourself short from an even better match.
- Enjoy your new fragrance!
Benefits of making your own perfume:
- Uniquely represents you
- Attracts the ideal partner
- Avoid harmful chemicals
- Customise your fragrance
- Ideal for sensitive skin
- Save money
- Fun, fun, fun
You are special and unique. You deserve love and I believe there is someone very special just for you!